- In the December 15, 2005 public session of the California Public Utility Commission, Chairman Peevey made the following comment:
"As many of you know, Commissioners Kennedy and Rosenfeld have spearheaded a pathbreaking effort to cooperate with China on energy efficiency, highlighted by the signing of a Cooperative Agreement with California’s sister province of Jiangsu, and collaboration on the drafting of a nationwide DSM decree. The China US Energy Efficiency Alliance, a California nonprofit organization, has been instrumental in facilitating this cooperation. The mission of the Alliance is to protect the global environment by working with China to harness efficiency as a viable energy resource.
I am very pleased to announce that, as of last week, all three of California’s major investor-owned energy utilities – PG&E;, Sempra and SCE – have joined the Alliance as Corporate Partners. I know you all join me in expressing our appreciation to all involved in these acts of environmental leadership. We look forward to working with these utilities through the Alliance to further Chinas’ efforts to meets its impressive energy efficiency goals, in support of our mutual interest in reducing global warming pollution."
- In September 2005, the Alliance became a signatory to a groundbreaking Cooperation Agreement between the State of California and Jiangsu Province, in which the Parties agree to undertake activities related to energy efficiency and renewable energy policy and implementation, help remove market barriers, and open up the market for clean and energy efficient technologies and products. The Alliance facilitated the development of this Agreement and is recognized as being instrumental in facilitating the cooperative activities under the agreement.
Articles/Publications of InterestArticles
- California Greenin' - California Public Utilties Commission (April 8, 2008)
- A Warming World: China about to pass U.S. as world's top generator of greenhouse gases - San Francisco Chronicle (March 5, 2007)
- China's air pollution reaches U.S. skies - Associated Press (July 28, 2006)
- Pollution from Chinese Coal Cast a Global Shadow - New York Times (June 11, 2006)
- Quest For Conservation - China looks to California for solutions on saving energy - San Francisco Chronicle (October 7, 2005)
- Turning on a Light in China - San Jose Mercury News (September 23, 2005)
- China's Oil Thirst Could Push It Toward Fuel Efficiency; Eye On Solar And Wind; Nonprofit organization aims to help government set up policies, standards [Q & A] - Investor's Business Daily (March 2, 2005)
- Energy Efficiency - California's Highest-Priority Resource -
State of California Brochure English Chinese
- State of California's Energy Action Plan II English Chinese